We let you know how Pinterest can help your business, and told you about how it’s audience is growing fast, so if you haven’t started growing your Pinterest presence, you should. Business News Daily has put together a list of 11 handy tips to help your Pinterest profile grow…
1. Link your Twitter page
The first and most obvious step to getting on Pinterest is to make a dedicated brand page for your business. Before creating a page, though, you’ll have to create an account. You’ll be asked to authorize the setup using either your Facebook or Twitter account. Because Pinterest doesn’t currently support Facebook brand page linking, you’ll want to authenticate the account using your brand’s Twitter page.
2. Optimize Your Profile
Once you’ve created a Pinterest account, you’ll want to customize your page with branding specific to your business. For instance, under the Settings menu, you can add a brief description of your business, as well as its location and website. You should also upload an image to your page that’s relevant to your company. You may consider using the same profile image as the one you use on Facebook or Twitter to ensure continuity across the social networks.”
and 9 other tips for using Pinterest…
It’s a good place to get started so your business can interact with the pinning masses…
3. Get to Know Your Audience : check out the profiles of users that follow you.
4. Post Compelling Material, Including Video
5. Avoid Blatant Self-promotion pin images that represent the culture of your brand, not just your product shots.
6. Add Links to Your Pins and put them in the image description
7. Use Hashtags
8. Add a Pinterest button to your Web pages – contact us and we can help
9. Humanize Your Page – post customer images or photos of you at work
10. Interact with Users – social media is 2-way interaction. react to your followers
11. Monitor Your Metrics – check Google Analytics for referring traffic from Pinterest
Here’s a great infographic with some Pinterest user profile demographics.