The popularity of Instagram has been growing in half the time it took for Twitter, and two years less than it took for Facebook. Instagram’s user base grew to 150 million monthly active users. In 2013, Instagram gained more than 60 million new monthly active users, contrasted with Twitter, which only gained 37 million new users during the same period. This was based on research by the think tank L2 Intelligence . This illustrates that businesses should keenly consider other social media besides just Twitter and Facebook in order to promote their products or services.
Instagram is quite interactive, with 1,000 comments and 8,500 likes per second, totaling 1.2 billion likes per day, according to L2. And around 16 billion photos have been uploaded to the app since its launch.
According to Entrepreneur.com , there are five marketing tips from Instagram’s favorite accounts:
1. Project your brand’s unique persona – For instance, consider images by eyeglass retailer Warby Parker that express the brand’s quirky voice, instead of something contrived or too serious.
2. Offer prize experiences – Instead of showing simple product images, offer additional images such as those shot by consumers; also, the use of videos such as with GoPro ’s account.
3. Seek meaning – General Electric is not readily known for scenic images, yet it showcases how its technology is meaningful to people, such as transporting shots of huge jet engine factories and rural wind farms.
4. Inspire community action – Companies like Nike and Chobani have been successful in promoting interactivity and online communities via hashtagged campaigns (such as #runfree and #creationaday), which respectively celebrate runners in diverse locations and appetizing yogurt concoctions.
5. Be self-aware – Mission Bicycle promotes what people would likely love about its brand, that is, the beautiful simplicity of its bikes. And the company uses that knowledge to entice new customers.
Check out more information on instagram for business , or contact us .